Summer is almost over, can you believe it? If you haven’t gotten out in the summer sun much yet, I don’t blame you. I’m already ready for scarf and boot weather! Today I’m excited to share some date night ideas to inspire you! Date night is my personal favorite thing to see on the calendar. I get all giddy and excited, and I love how Tyler surprises me! Honestly it can be hard to find new ideas after you’ve been dating for a while, but finding time to date your fiance or spouse is so important! So we dare you to skip the old dinner and a movie and try some of our ideas!
- Go on a wine tour. We highly recommend a dinner tour with Grapevine Wine Tours for those in the DFW area! The food was excellent, the tour guide was super knowledgeable and the wineries were fantastic!
- Have a water balloon fight in the backyard. And invite us, haha! What’s more fun than living like kids again?
- Camp in the living room..yes with a tent. Bonus points if you make s’mores. (Hint: Roast mini ones over a candle on a toothpick or regular size ones over a heat burner)
- Check out a new food truck or try a new local restaurant! Or eat dessert first and then go get dinner.
- Go to a hot air balloon festival. There’s one coming up in Plano on September 18-20 and Gainesville also also has one in October!
- See a movie at the drive-in – the ultimate Throwback Thursday. Our local friends should be familiar with the Coyote Drive-in in Fort Worth. We love the Americana vibe, and you can’t beat the sweet deal on movie tickets.
- Indoor skydiving. Skydiving has been on our bucket list for a while now, but I think our mothers would appreciate safer, indoor skydiving more! ;)
- Visit to the Gainesville Zoo. It’s small but so fun, and if you go early in the morning you can even feed the giraffes. If you love giraffes as much as I do, that’s the perfect reason to go there!
- Go kayaking or canoeing on White Rock Lack. We’ve heard it’s beautiful out on the water and quite tranquil. You can even get a good workout in too!
- Go on a hike and have a picnic!
We’d love to see what other ideas y’all come up with or if you try any of our ideas! Instagram using the hashtag #adventurouslove so we can see! :)